3 Night Port Douglas Getaway
SILVERSONIC OUTER BARRIER REEF CRUISE
3 BRILLIANT REEF SITES | LUXURY VESSEL
CAPE TRIBULATION 4WD EXPERIENCE
FREE DAY TO EXPLORE PORT DOUGLAS
3 Night Port Douglas Getaway Options
|Port Douglas Getaway|
|Port Douglas Getaway | Family|
3 Night Port Douglas Getaway Info
PORT GETAWAY PACKAGE is an ideal option for a tropical short break or weekend getaway. On arrival you'll feel instantly relaxed as you enjoy Port's laid back village lifestyle.
The package combines a stay at Club Tropical, right in the heart of Macrossan St opposite the park, an exciting Outer Barrier Reef Cruise and a remarkable Cape Tribulation rainforest experience. This is the best value in town!
* 3 nights at Club Tropical Studio Room
* Silversonic Outer Barrier Reef
* 3 Outer Barrier Reef locations
* Billy Tea Cape Cape Tribulation Rainforest Tour
* 4WD Bloomfield Track
DAY ONE: Check into Club Tropical Port Douglas
Club Tropical Resort is situated in the heart of Port Douglas village within steps of the Sunday Markets, restaurants, boutiques and cafe's. The parkland across the road leads to the Reef Marina while Four Mile Beach is a 10 minute walk along famous Macrossan St.
Club Tropical Resort is only one hours drive north on the Captain Cook highway from the Cairns Airport. The panoramic views between Cairns and Port Douglas are infamous.
We can arrange airport transfers from Cairns for an additional cost. Please ask when booking.
What makes it Great?
- Great location on Macrossan Street
- Unique tropical atmosphere
- Pool with waterfall and Spa
- Exotic water garden
- Sunday markets directly opposite
- Excellent value for money
- Tropical rooms with character!
- Large rock sculptured pool
- Two hot spas and sauna
- Guest laundry facilities with washing machines and dryers
- Laundering and dry cleaning service
- Free undercover parking
- Wheelchair accessible suite
- Internet Access in foyer
Club Tropical offers Studios overlooking the tranquil water garden. Most rooms are furnished with bamboo and bright tropical colours.
- Air-conditioning & ceiling fans
- Bedding configuration can be a King and a Single bed, or with one King bed
- Open plan living
- Cable TV, DVD & CD player, Complimentary in-house movies, Wireless Internet (charges apply)
- Iron/ironing board
- Ensuite bathroom with walk in shower, large bath tub, hairdryer
- Kitchenette on private balconies (hotplates, microwave, double sinks).
- Serviced weekly
DAY TWO: Silversonic Outer Barrier Reef Cruise
Silversonic is a new modern catamaran, which lets you explore the outer edge reef locations at Agincourt ribbon reef in superb style and comfort. This luxury vessel sets a new benchmark in spacious design and practical dive and snorkel facilities.
Why we like it:
- Ultra modern Catamaran
- Super smooth & fastest cat on the reef!
- Features unique ride control
- Visit 3 of the best reef locations
- 5 hours of actual reef time
- Small boat numbers - maximum 85 passengers
- Permit to swim with Dwarf Minke Whales if encountered
Port Douglas Reef Marina at 8:30am, boarding from 7:45am. Returns 4:30pm. Includes return hotel transfers from Club Tropical
- Return Silversonic cruise from Port Douglas
- Scrumptious morning tea -foccacias and muffins
- Afternoon tea cakes, cheese & biscuits
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch with prawns
- Reef Interpretation
- Snorkelling equipment provided
- Mask, prescription mask if needed
- Snorkel and fins
- Guided Snorkel Tour
- Snorkel brief at each site
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Equipment for divers provided, inc. wetsuit
- Lycra/stinger suits
- Hot freshwater showers
As an added bonus during the whale season (July to September), however common in our waters between the months of March and October, Silversonic has one of the few permits available from the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority that allows our guests to swim with dwarf Minke whales if encountered – a truly unforgettable experience!
- 08:15am: Vessel boarding. Complimentary tea / coffee and a gourmet breakfast including foccacias, muffins and cakes is served in the saloon.
- 08:30am: Depart Port Douglas Reef Marina for the Outer Barrier Reef. On the outward journey, certified and introductory dive briefings begin.
- 10:15am: Arrive at first reef location. Divers gear up, while snorkellers' site briefing begins.Get ready to view the beauty of this natural wonder!
- 11:30am: Silversonic departs for second reef location. Option for introductory divers and certified divers to do a second dive. Snorkellers site briefing.
- 12:00pm: Tropical hot and cold buffet lunch served in the air conditioned cabin.
- 1:40pm: Silversonic departs for third reef location. Snorkellers are once again briefed as to the best areas to snorkel. A FREE guided Snorkel Tour commences. Option for certified divers to do a third dive or second introductory dive.
- 2.30pm: Afternoon tea served
- 3:00pm: All passengers board vessel for final passenger count and departure for Port Douglas
- 4.30pm: Silversonic arrives at Port Douglas Reef Marina
- 4:55pm: Coaches depart for accommodation
(Subject to variations according to conditions and reef sites visited)
DAY THREE: Billy Tea Cape Tribulation Safari
Billy Tea Safaris is a locally owned operator, which operates small personalised tours to Cape Tribulation. Your naturalist guides have extensive knowledge of flora, fauna, history of the area and aboriginal culture, which will ensure you day will be a memory of a life time.
Why we like it?
- Small Personalised tours - maximum 14 guests
- Exclusive freshwater swim at Emmagen Creek
- Custom built for comfort Air - conditioned 4WD
- Exclusive tour along the 4WD only Bloomfield Track
- Includes return hotel transfers at 8:20am and returns approx 5:30pm
Your tour includes:
- Environmentalist driver / guide
- Courtesy hotel pick-up and return
- Scenic coastal drive
- 1 hour Daintree River Cruise and morning tea
- Alexandra Range Lookout
- Guided National Park elevated boardwalk tour
- Hand feed kangaroos
- Tropical BBQ lunch (please advise of any dietary requirements)
- Walk on Cape Tribulation beach or Botanical Boardwalk (swimming is allowed seasonally)
- Drive north along the scenic coastal route along the Captain Cook Highway learning about the history of the area and admiring spectacular views of the coast line and Coral Sea.
- Stop at the Majestic Daintree River for Morning Tea before enjoying a guided River Cruise on the Daintree River. Learn of Estuarine Crocodiles, mangrove forests and endemic wildlife.
- Ascend the Alexandra Range and pause for a panoramic view of World Heritage Rainforest merging with the azure colours of the Coral Sea. Experience the rainforest on one of the guided elevated Boardwalks.
- Travel onto Lync Haven animal refuge where you have the opportunity to hand feed a kangaroo and get up close to some of Australia’s wildlife. Enjoy a gourmet barbecue lunch with freshly prepared salads in a beautiful rainforest setting restaurant.
- Travel through spectacular Rainforest as you pass Cape Tribulation and continue along the 4WD Bloomfield Track through to Emmagen Creek. Time for a refreshing rainforest stream swim, in crystal clear freshwaters.
- Visit Cape Tribulation Beach . Stroll along the beach and boardwalk to the photographers' platform overlooking the mountains and coast where the 'Rainforest meets the Reef'
- Time permitting stop at the Daintree Ice Cream Factory. Your taste buds will be tantalized with exotic tropical fruit home made ice cream. Sample unique flavours, such as Black Sapote, Sour sop, and Coconut just to name a few. (Additional cost)
- After a short afternoon refreshment stop, cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and begin the homeward journey.
**This tour runs in reverse occasionally.
DAY FOUR: Depart Port Douglas, End of package
- The Port Getaway Package includes accommodation and tours as above.
- Airport Transfers from Cairns are not included in this package.
- This package does not include any meals besides meals included on your tours.
- You can start this package any day of the week and the tours can be taken on your preferred dates of travel. Please advise at the time of booking.
3 Night Port Douglas Getaway Videos (6)
Club Tropical Resort Port Douglas Australia
Great Barrier Reef Cruises | Scuba Divings Tours of the Great Barrier Reef by Austravel
Cape Tribulation, Daintree National Park
Diving with Silversonic Agincourt Reef Cairns Australia
Diving on Silversonic - Great Barrier Reef off Port Douglas
Minke whales swim with Silversonic passengers