Calypso Reef & Daintree Tour Info
2 DAY CALYPSO REEF CRUISE & DAINTREE TOUR
These two tours can be done on any day in no particular order. Please advise at the time of booking.
1. Calypso Reef Cruises
Calypso caters for snorkellers, introductory divers and dive enthusiasts.
Visiting 3 breathtaking sites daily from Port Douglas, Calypso will provide you with an experience of a lifetime. Learn about the marine life and eco-systems through our reef interpretive chat on board or take part in a guided snorkelling tour and surround yourself by the rainbow of brilliantly coloured fish and coral.
- Departing daily from Reef Marina Port Douglas
- Boarding time: 8.40am
- Departure: 9.00am
- Return: 4.30pm
- Return hotel transfers from Port Douglas accommodation
- Morning & Afternoon tea
- Tropical buffet lunch
- Tea, coffee and filtered water available all day
- Interpretive marine talks
- Guided snorkelling tour
- All snorkelling equipment including masks, prescription masks and fins, floatation devices, wetsuits, lycra sun suits
- Environmental Management Charge
- Catering for approximately 80 passengers
- Purpose-built 25 metre catamaran designed for snorkelling and scuba diving
- Wide stern decks and submersible platforms (9 metres wide) provide easy access for getting in and out of the water
- Large upper and lower foredecks designed with comfortable day bed seating to maximise outdoor relaxation. Guests enjoy the top deck with sunlounges which provide breathtaking 360 degree views of the reef.
- Four toilets onboard, each containing a fresh hot water shower
8am to 8:40am - Transfers from your Port Douglas accommodation (times confirmed upon booking)
8:40am to 9am - Boarding commences at Reef Marina, Port Douglas. As the Calypso crew welcome you aboard you will be fitted out with your own snorkelling equipment before relaxing with light refreshments.
9am to 10:20am - It is time to sit back and relax while travelling to first site. If you are participating in a dive your dive guide will take this opportunity to brief you on your dive.
10:20am to 11:15am - First Site – Divers are briefed, enter water while snorkellers enjoy an informative talk on how to snorkel safely. After snorkelling/diving at the first site morning tea is served.
11:50am to 1:50pm - Second Site – A guided snorkelling tour is available before a tropical buffet lunch is served. After all that scrumptious food you can partake in a reef interpretive chat by one of the friendly crew.
1:50pm to 3:10pm - Third Site – A short trip to the final site for another snorkelling and diving opportunity before enjoying afternoon tea.
3:10pm to 4:30pm - Cruise home returning at approximately 4:30pm.
4:30pm to 5pm - Transfers back to your accommodation.
The snorkel groups are small and personalised. The crew will take you on an informative guided snorkelling tour and explain, as well as, answer questions about the Great Barrier Reef and it's many inhabitants.
2. Daintree Rainforest & Cape Tribulation
The ultimate in touring Far North Queensland, Tropical Journeys Daintree Tours deliver the finer places of the Daintree Rainforest, Cape Tribulation and Mossman Gorge.
Enjoy interpretive rainforest walks, exclusive estuarine crocodile and wildlife spotting on Cooper Creek as well as friendly and knowledgeable local guides.
Daily from Port Douglas hotels at 7:30am returning approx 5pm
- Return Port Douglas hotel transfers
- Travel in air-conditioned comfort in either a 11 seater Mercedes Sprinter or a 20 seater Toyota Coaster, depending on passenger numbers.
- Morning tea, gourmet tropical lunch
- Cooper Creek Wilderness Cruise
- All national park fees and Daintree ferry charges
- Insect repellent and umbrellas
- Local interpretive guides
- Pick up from local accommodation – meet your friendly guide for the day!
- Pass through picturesque agricultural farms of sugar cane lining the highway on the way to the Daintree River Ferry crossing.
- Daintree River Ferry Crossing - Cross the famous Daintree River by cable ferry - enter the rich and diverse ecosystems of the wet tropics. Once across the river, a completely different landscape appears, one that has been untouched for millions of years. Travel through the Daintree Rainforest, over the Alexandra Range, through a quaint township of Cow Bay then on to the famous Cape Tribulation.
- Cape Tribulation – Enjoy a walk along the pristine Cape Tribulation Beach - the only place where two World Heritage destinations (the reef and the rainforest) meet.
- Morning Tea – local Daintree Tea or freshly plunged coffee served with fresh fruit and muffins
- Cooper Creek Wilderness Cruise – spot the prehistoric estuarine crocodile. Situated in the Noah Valley, the heart of the Daintree Rainforest, Cooper Creek is lined with mangroves and has an amazing backdrop of rainforest clad mountains, including Thornton's Peak.
- Lunch - a delicious picnic lunch
- Guided Rainforest Walks – enjoy personalised guided walks in the Marrdja, Dubuji or Jindalba. Embrace the rich diversity of this unique area.
- Alexandra Lookout - enjoy panoramic views from the 'top of the Daintree'. Sweeping views across the Daintree River, Snapper Island and Port Douglas.
- Daintree Ice-cream Company – guests can purchase a cup of ice-cream flavoured with rare and unusual fruits of the tropics.
- Mossman Gorge – walk along elevated boardwalks to explore the ancient forest and cool off in the various swimming holes with fresh mountain water cascading over round granite boulders
- Return to Port Douglas.
What to Bring:
- Bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, hat, camera, sunglasses and money for extra purchases
GOOD NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.