Quicksilver & Kuranda Info
2 Day Option 8 tour package - Quicksilver Outer Barrier Reef and Kuranda Train & Skyrail:
Experience renowned Reef and Rainforest World Heritage environments over two full days.
- Return hotel transfers for both tours
- Quicksilver Outer Reef Pontoon
- Kuranda Train & Skyrail
DAY 1: Quicksilver Outer Reef Cruise
- Departs Reef Marina Port Douglas at 10am, returns Port Douglas: 4.30pm
- Return hotel transfers from Cairns, Northern Beaches or Port Douglas included
For your experience of a lifetime, discover a world of beauty, vibrant coral gardens and diverse marine life when you cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef with Quicksilver.
Quicksilver's high-speed wavepiercing catamaran will take you in airconditioned comfort to an exclusive activity platform moored at the renowned Agincourt Reef, a jewel-like ribbon reef on the edge of Australia's Continental Shelf. The Agincourt ribbon reef systems showcase spectacular coral formations, colourful marine life and exceptional underwater visibility.
From the spacious activity platform guests of all ages, swimmers and non-swimmers alike, can experience this stunning reef world in comfort, whether you choose to get wet and snorkel or stay dry and observe. Friendly and attentive crew, including professional marine biologists, are on hand to ensure you enjoy and gain the most from your day. Explore the reef from the comfort of a semi-submersible, discover in the underwater observatory, watch the fascinating fish feeding presentation or snorkel and dive in the beautiful coral gardens.
Your Day Includes:
- Return Wavepiercer cruise from Port Douglas Reef Marina
- Morning and afternoon teas on board
- Reef presentation by marine biologist
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and instruction provided
- Qualified lifeguard supervision
- Underwater observatory fish & coral viewing
- Coral viewing by semi-submersible vessels – cruise as often as you like!
- Fish feeding [conducted by crew].
Exciting optional activities (additional cost):
- introductory and certified scuba diving,
- Marine Biologist guided snorkel tours,
- Oceanwalker helmet diving
- scenic helicopter flights.
DAY 2: Kuranda Train & Skyrail
- Complimentary hotel pick-up, time advised at time of booking.
- Freshwater Railway Station
- Kuranda Scenic Rail
- Free time in Kuranda
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Experience
- Return transfer to hotel
Kuranda Scenic Railway:
- Start your day aboard the famous Kuranda Scenic Railway, meandering to the Barron Falls and through mountainside tunnels. This breathtaking journey on one of the world's most scenic train routes will take you through hand-hewn tunnels and across bridges with amazing views. Stop at Barron Gorge to view the falls before arriving at Kuranda station.
- The Train departs Cairns Railway at 8:30am or 9:30am and Freshwater 8:45am or 9:45am and departs from Kuranda at 2pm or 3:30pm.
- Allow 1.5 hours for this journey.
- The remainder of the day is free for you to explore the "Village in the Rainforest". Visit the Heritage Markets, which operate daily, or perhaps visit the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, Birdworld or the Kuranda Koala Gardens (own expense). Lunch at own expense.
- At the scheduled time, board Skyrail for the world's most beautiful rainforest experience. Gliding just metres above the rainforest canopy in comfortable 6 person gondola cabins, take advantage of the two stops en-route (Barron Falls and Red Peak Stations) to enjoy a walk through the rainforest or visit the Rainforest Interpretive Centre.
- A one-way Skyrail Experience will take approximately 90 minutes to complete, spanning 7.5kms over pristine rainforest.
- Your journey ends at Skyrail’s Caravonica Lakes station where your coach will be waiting to take you back to your accommodation
Train Gold Class:
Gold Class has provided a premium experience, giving you the extra comfort and little bit of luxury, and a most memorable experience
- 9.55am departure from Freshwater Station to Kuranda
- 3.30pm departure from Kuranda to Cairns
- Dedicated personalised Gold Class attendant
- Individual seating, lounge-style chairs (24 seats in each carriage over 4 carriages)
- Ambient, historical décor, including timber look flooring, historical photographs and cedar interior
- Gift pack including Kuranda Scenic Railway badge, pen, postcard and postage
- Souvenir trip guide available in 9 languages
- Optional exclusive tour of the Heritage-Listed Signal Cabin at Kuranda station
- Conducted 15 minutes after arrival for morning trains
- Conducted 30 minutes prior to departure for afternoon trains
- Food & beverage offerings will focus on Queensland and local Tablelands produce such as:
o Gallo Dairyland Cheese
o Skybury Coffee
o Wondaree Macadamias
o Mango to Go (100% pure mango "ice-cream" style treat)
o Freshly baked muffins with local fruit
o Sirromet Wines
o Great Northern Brewing Company Super Crisp Lager
Diamond View Gondolas provides guests with amazing panoramic views of the tropical landscape, Coral Sea and rainforest canopy, but also the unique perspective of looking straight down from the treetops to the forest floor through the glass flooring for the entire Skyrail experience. Taking a maximum of 5 persons and a waiting time of 7 minutes.
These 2 daytrips can be done on any two days of your holiday in no particular order.
Lunch not included for Kuranda tour
GREAT NEWS! All payments made to Travstar do not incur a credit card surcharge.
Quicksilver & Kuranda Videos (12)
Quicksilver Cruises Great Barrier Reef Tours Port Douglas
Skyrail Cairns - Rainforest Cableway
Billy Connolly visits the Reef with Quicksilver
Skyrail Video - Red Peak Station
Kuranda Scenic Railway
Quicksilver Cruises Great Barrier Reef Tours
Barron Falls Station
Cairns Rainforest Tours - Skyrail Cairns
Port Douglas Quicksilver
Cairns Rainforest Tours - Skyrail Cairns
GBR Helicopters re Quicksilver
Helicopter tour over outer Great Barrier Reef (Agincourt Reef)