Wavelength Reef Snorkelling Cruise
Wavelength Reef Cruises, Port Douglas
Wavelength is a dedicated eco-snorkelling vessel visiting 3 different Outer Reef sites for a truly unique day out. We are passionate about the reef and our knowledgeable crew provide personalised attention to our 48 passengers. Wavelength holds an advanced eco-tourism accreditation and climate action certification and believe in finding the best Great Barrier Reef experience possible for all visitors to our beautiful region.
What Makes it Great:
Visits 3 snorkelling sites in one day:
- Opal Reef - The jewel of the Great Barrier Reef
- St Crispin's Reef - Vast coral vistas to inspire you
- Tongue Reef - Snorkel with Turtles
90-minute trip to the edge of the continental shelf
If you are lucky you might spot dolphins and whales (winter months) along the way.
Small passenger numbers
Locally family owned and operated
Wavelength 4 is a custom built 19.6m catamaran with the latest cleanest fuel efficient engines with maximum ride stability and furnished with eco-sourced materials for your extra comfort travelling to and from the reef. We will be taking 48 passengers to visit our sites across Opal Reef and passengers will enjoy the benefits of extra Marine Biologists on-board to make your reef experience even more personalised.
Wavelength 3 is a smaller vessel which has just had a major refit and has a capacity for 30 passengers (not catered for children.) It is a more adventurous day for the experienced snorkeler. You donít have to be an olympic swimmer we just ask that you be fit & ready for action and confident to jump in with the crew when they are ready to go. It is a more intimate day with the smaller group and more exciting as we can sometimes do drift snorkels when the weather permits.
- Snorkel gear including mask, snorkel, fins, lycra suits, wetsuits, prescription masks (from -2 to -8), floatation devices and noodles
- Guided snorkel tour and reef talks with Marine Biologist
- Morning and afternoon tea, tea & coffee, filtered water
- Deli-style lunch includes a range of salads, chicken, beef, ham and rolls.
- Environmental Management Charge
- wetsuits or lycra suits depending on the season
- hotel transfers within Port Douglas (Cairns return transfers are available at an additional amount of $70.00 per person)
Departing from The Reef Marina in Port Douglas, a full day outer reef snorkel experience with Wavelength commences with check in by 8.00am, for an 8.15am departure and a scheduled return of approximately 4.30pm.
Transfers from Port Douglas hotels included.
There is free parking at Reef Marina Port Douglas
Transfers from Cairns are an extra cost
What to bring:
- Bathers and towel
- Hat and sunglasses,
- Change of clothes,
- Jacket or Jumper (in Winter),
- Sea sickness medication or measures,
- Camera. Underwater cameras can be hired at an extra charge
Snorkelling can be a strenuous activity. To best enjoy it we recommend that you be confident and mobile in the water
No scuba diving available
Wavelength Guest Reviews (2)
Sunday, October 09, 2011
We found wavelength to be very professional, friendly and educational experience.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
The trip was well organised and very informative. Equipment was excellent but boat ride a little uncomfortable. Staff were very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly as well as passionate about the reef. It was a fantastic way to see the reef.
Wavelength Videos (1)
|All prices shown in Australian Dollars|
|Prices valid from now until 30 June 2017|
|Outer Reef Trip||$240||$190||n/a|
|Prices valid from now until 30 June 2018|
|Hotel transfers ex Cairns||$70|
|Child Age = 8-14 years|
|Family = 2 Adults & 2 Children|
|WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES|