Bloomfield Track Info
Take a journey with Tropical Journeys Daintree Tours to the upper reaches of the historic Daintree Rainforest - The Bloomfield.
Leave the bitumen behind and travel up the 4WD only Bloomfield Track in the comfort in a 6 seater Toyota Landcruiser.
Departures: Daily from 7:20am from Port Douglas hotels, returning approx 5pm
- Pick up from local accommodation – meet your friendly guide for the day!
- Pass through picturesque agricultural farms of sugar cane lining the highway on the way to the Daintree River Ferry crossing.
- Daintree River Ferry Crossing - Cross the famous Daintree River by cable ferry - enter the rich and diverse ecosystems of the wet tropics. Once across the river, a completely different landscape appears, one that has been untouched for millions of years. Travel through the Daintree Rainforest, over the Alexandra Range, through a quaint township of Cow Bay then on to the famous Cape Tribulation.
- Cape Tribulation – Enjoy a walk along the pristine Cape Tribulation Beach - the only place where two World Heritage destinations (the reef and the rainforest) meet.
- Morning Tea – local Daintree Tea or freshly plunged coffee served with fresh fruit and muffins
- Bloomfield Track - an off-road adventure
- Stingray Bay - take a walk on secluded Cowie Beach with its mangrove fringes and spectacular mountain backdrop
- Lunch - a delicious picnic lunch
- Cooper Creek Wilderness Cruise – spot the prehistoric estuarine crocodile. Situated in the Noah Valley, the heart of the Daintree Rainforest, Cooper Creek is lined with mangroves and has an amazing backdrop of rainforest clad mountains, including Thornton's Peak.
- Daintree Ice-cream Company – guests can purchase a cup of ice-cream flavoured with rare and unusual fruits of the tropics.
- Alexandra Lookout - enjoy panoramic views from the 'top of the Daintree'. Sweeping views across the Daintree River, Snapper Island and Port Douglas.
- Return to Port Douglas
- Return Port Douglas hotel transfers
- Morning tea, gourmet tropical lunch
- Cooper Creek Wilderness Cruise
- All national park fees and Daintree ferry charges
- Insect repellent and umbrellas
- Local interpretive guides
What to Bring:
- Bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, hat, camera, sunglasses and money for extra purchases
Bloomfield Track Rates
|Child Age = 8-14 years|
|Family = 2 Adults & 2 Children|
|WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES|