Ocean Safari Info
Ocean Safari is a great way to experience the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef by snorkelling two pristine reef locations off the Daintree Coast of Cape Tribulation, in just half a day.
This half day eco certified tour departs Cape Tribulation daily and allows for a minimum of two hours to explore this precious underwater world!
The vessel is based on the original design of a rescue craft and is a rigid inflatable boat driven by 700hp engines. The experienced Skipper and Eco Host ensure the trip is filled with fun and appreciation of the Great Barrier Reef and the coastal rainforest of the Daintree, two world heritage areas side by side.
What makes it Great?
- Only 25 minutes to the Great Barrier Reef
- Visit 2 reef locations
- Maximum 25 passengers
- Advanced Ecotourism certified
- Family operated and owned
- Morning: 9:00am returning at 12:30 pm
- Afternoon: 1pm returning at 4:30pm (operates during peak season)
- Check in and meeting point is The Turtle Rock Café (previously known as the Boardwalk Café), Cape Tribulation Rd, Cape Tribulation.
- Visit 2 reef sites - Mackay and Undine Reefs
- 2 hours snorkelling
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel and fins) and tuition
- Reef Interpretation talks and eco-appreciation presentations
- Courtesy coach transfers from Cape Tribulation accommodation
- Environmental Management Charge
- Lunch is not included however light refreshments are available for sale on the vessel.
- Wet Suits can be hired on the day of travel for $8
- Prescription masks can be hired on the day of travel for $15
- Sites are weather and tide permitting.
Ocean Safari Guest Reviews (5)
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Small boat and small group of participant that we can have more time and chances to touch the beautiful ocean. Two guys on the boat provide intensive caring of us. Fantastic voyage.
Monday, January 10, 2011
This was a really good day and a higlight of our stay. The crew and organisation were excellent. They were also very good with the kids which we really appreciated.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Lovely well-mannered and well-organised crew from those on shore to those on the boat.
I always felt safe and informed and had a fabulous time on the reef.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Conditions were probably marginal; it was raining when we arrived and as we set off, the sea was choppy, the sky overcast and fairly windy. And it stayed like that for the whole time we were out. Thank goodness for the wetsuits. Still, what a great trip. The Ocean Safari guys were ultra professional, entertaining and knowledgeable, and gave us first-time snorkelers plenty of time and advice. Excellent adventure. Recommended.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Really enjoyed the snorkling, managed to see quite alot - Turtles, Mantaray, Sting Rays, and an excellent aray of fish and coral! The guides for the day were excellent and very informative.
Ocean Safari Videos (1)
Ocean Safari Rates
|All prices shown in Australian Dollars|
|Prices valid from now until 31 March 2018|
|Afternoon: 1:00pm - 4:30pm||$139||$89||$415|
|Morning: 9:00am - 12:30pm||$139||$89||$415|
|Child Age = 2-14 years|
|Family = 2 Adults & 2 Children|
|WE DO NOT CHARGE BOOKING FEES OR CREDIT CARD SURCHARGES|